The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs expects fraternity and sorority chapters to support the academic achievement of its members. With this in mind, the following academic policies must be followed:
- Chapters may extend offers of membership only to eligible students, Eligibility is defined as:
Full time enrollment in an undergraduate college of Rutgers University-Camden
Completion of (12) credits (AP credits are not acceptable)
A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Chapter Presidents must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 during their term of office.
- If a chapter’s semester GPA falls below a 2.5, the chapter shall be placed on academic probation. Chapters on academic probation are limited to holding only chapter meetings and academic activities. All other types of chapter activities are prohibited. If after three consecutive semesters, the chapter fails to meet the required chapter GPA of 2.5, the university registration will be withdrawn for a minimum of two academic years.
- Each chapter should achieve a semester GPA equal to or above the all-men’s/women’s GPA, as applicable, for each semester.
- Governing council officers must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 during their term of office.