The Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs is not open to new establishments for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Rutgers University–Camden recognizes a strong fraternity and sorority life community can be a constructive and positive element of student life and development. Establishment timelines will be at the discretion of the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Affairs based on campus needs and the number of organizations approved to establish.
The above Establishment Guidelines encompass the application requirements, application review processes and expectations of establishing organizations. Organizations seeking to establish at Rutgers University - Camden must meet all application and eligiblity requirements at the time of applying in order to be considered. Please review the guidelines carefully as they contain important information to ensure your application is successful.
- The establishing organization must be actively affiliated with a national council at the time of applying (Example: NPHC, NPC, NIC, NMGC, NAPA, NALFO, etc.).
- The establishing organization must operate a national headquarters at the time of applying that must show proof of fifteen (15) consecutive years of business operations and have undergraduate chartered chapters at fifteen (15) or more colleges and universities at the time of application.
- The parent organization must disclose the institutions and dates of their three most recent chapter closures.
- The organization must have policies that are congruent with the fraternity and sorority policies of Rutgers University–Camden.
- The organization must be able to send professional staff or elected volunteers to campus to conduct the key components of the new chapter’s creation (found within re-/establishment guidelines).
- The organization must be able to assemble, train and support a chapter advisory team prior to the induction of the first new member class upon expansion approval.
- The organization must show proof of General Liability insurance for bodily injury and property damage with a minimum of $1,000,000 in Combined Single Limit. The General Liability insurance must include Host Liquor Liability. The General Liability insurance policy must name “Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey” as an additional insured and the certificate must state that the insurance coverage is primary over other collectible insurance (see policy regarding insurance requirements for additional information).
- A professional staff member or inter/national volunteer must submit a completed application packet by the deadline set by OFSA
- Application format:
- PDF File Format
- Must include a table of contents.
- Video and audio components are not accepted.
- Application materials should be compiled into one singular PDF document submitted through the application form.
- Application materials must be completed by a professional staff member or inter/national volunteer. Materials submitted by current students or alumni not holding a role within the national or headquarters structure will not be considered for review.